Monday, January 17, 2011

7 years ago

7 years ago, our son T. was born.  It was a cold wintry day.  It followed a major Green Bay Packer playoff game. We watched this fateful game at cousin Sarah's house, eating chili made by cousin Jake, and listening to my SIL alternately reading a magazine and yelling at the Packers.  The Packers lost.

We came home, crawled into bed. I read an entire Nancy Drew book before I went to sleep (I was desperate for something to read).  I woke the next morning, about 10 min before the alarm was supposed to  ring, saying "Either my water broke, or I just wet the bed!"

Not sure it was my SIL's yelling or Jake's "birthin' chili" that got things started.

It's now birthday time again. The Packers won their playoff game this year, and they will play "da Bears" this coming weekend. I am not a football fan, at all, but I know that there are enough Packer and Bear fanatics in the area to make up for that.

T. had a good birthday.  Here are some photos of him blowing out his candles.  They were trick candle, and he did figure out that if he spit a little on them, they would go out. Good thing it was just the 4 of us at this party!



No comments: